SOLANA BEACH, CALIFORNIA
This sun-drenched maternity session on the beach was so special to me! I’ve known Lindsay since she was 13 years old, when she was 16 I did her makeup for prom! Now it’s 10 years later and she’s a wonderful momma of three. She had twins in that big basketball belly if you can believe it.
I was so honored that I got to capture such a special moment in her life. I wanted to create an intimate, private, and romantic setting on the beach for her maternity session on so I could capture the beauty and emotions of her as a soon-to-be mother. Bringing dad and sis in to help show off her growing belly is also something I love to do in these moments. With the natural surroundings of the beach serving as a beautiful backdrop, the peaceful atmosphere was perfect, allowing them to all connect with the new babies before their arrival.
WHY DO A MATERNITY SESSION
Here are my Top 5 reasons why you should do a maternity session:
1. Capturing memories: Maternity sessions help preserve the memories of this special time in a woman’s life, as well as the joy and excitement of expecting a new addition to the family.
2. Documenting growth: Maternity sessions document the incredible beauty and emotion of pregnancy and allow mothers to see how their amazing bodies have changed over time to create a new life.
3. Celebrating motherhood: Maternity sessions allow mothers to celebrate their strength and beauty as they carry and nurture their baby.
4. Creating keepsakes: The photos taken during a maternity session can serve as keepsakes and be displayed in the home as a reminder of this special time.
5. Bonding with the baby: Maternity sessions can also serve as an opportunity for mothers to bond with their baby and connect with them before they arrive.0